Sunday, January 20, 2008

Feedback


Red Sky,DSC_0031 - Copy (2)
One painting, "Red Sky", was accepted into the juried show. It was suggested that my frame choice might be changed to a simpler black frame to complement the contemporary style of my piece. Ok. I guess I will investigate some new sources, not the usual places, for frames. I need to get a sales tax number to be eligible for wholesale framing, but I will also try two independant framers that have been suggested.

I am happy with the frame size and will do more in this image size for awhile. Settling on a consistant sizing will free me from framing issues for awhile. Afterall, presentation is an important part of the finished product.

I am also going to try the Pebeo fabric paints and some wool rovings with the next pieces. I think I will again work with two pieces at a time. This allows me to work back and forth between the two pieces and not get too focused on only one piece. It allows me to step back from each piece for awhile. Often the solution for one piece helps me with the issues in the other. I am thinking of trees for the next images, working with greens.

2 comments:

DhiRAj SinGh said...

I almost thought the first frame was a painting!! good worK

Janice Saunders said...

Thanks! I am really new at this blog thing.