Friday, January 25, 2008

New name, new medium

Ok...so  I have already changed my name. The first title was a bit boring. And now, after a minor domestic detour and a major computer disaster I am finally back at the creative game. It really is a love/hate relationship with these computers.

I am doing a few pastels at this moment.  I got on to pastels as a way to do some quick studies for oil painting. Now, I am hooked! Except for being messy and expensive, they offer instant gratification in terms of colour and completion. Opening a box of pastels is really like opening a box of delicious, brightly coloured candy treats. Buying more can also be very addictive!

These two sketches of an ocean beach have a  semi-realistic style.  My next attempts will try for a more abstract style focusing on colour and shape.

Sand,sea

Tidal flats

No comments: